Top 5 Frustrations with Shopify This post is outdated
I have tried just about every major shopping cart out there and finally decided on Shopify because of the new design for the tool. However, after using it for about 3 months I have found the following things that just drive me a bit insane.
1. You can changes the status of the order, every other cart has this feature. You can change the status from one status to another. I asked Shopify support "Sorry can't Un-Cancel an order."
2. Entered a wrong tracking number, I cannot find an easy way to change it. Waiting on support to probably tell me you can't.
3. Can't change the email address on the billing address details. I can edit the customer's email int their login profile, but it does not update the order email. how come I can't change it in the actual order?
4. Can't seem to create a new order from within the admin tool, I need to place it through the website like a customer.
5. Cannot offer free shipping per product and the free shipping discount code seems to be only up to a dollar amount.
Don't mean to complain, but these items should be basic shopping cart features. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right place in the admin where I am able to do these things. Any feedback from other users, I had an order that encountered 3 of these issues as the result of item #1 , which was cause by the Fraud Filter not working properly and cancelled the order. Thanks.