Help Going Banana's!! Loads of Traffic 20,748 post engagements for a three day ad, Zero Sales done all the recommended fixes :(
Hi I've had no training whatsoever in e-commerce and started all of this about 3 weeks ago. I have been trying Free Plus Shipping (FPS) offers and I have had many Likes, comments, shares etc and loads of visitors to my shopify store each day (596 this week), but only 2 sales totalling $11.00 . I've had a number of ad's do very well and one that went almost viral, it was an FPS it had 20,748 post engagements and over 14,000likes on facebook over the period of a couple days. .......I've finally (I think) got my target audience worked out for the most part, I've even lowered my shipping prices from $9.99 to $4.99 and $6.99 respectively.
The visuals/images are all pretty good, I have run many of them through Photoshop to clean them up afterAliexpress.
I''ve tried to research the items to make sure they were niche, trending, in demand etc. I've even been speaking to the younger set and got their advice on what was hot and not. For the first couple weeks my net was broader and I had a gajillion hits from Mexico, they went crazy, but not one of them bought. Most of the people are young and coming through on Instagram. Wondering if Instagram could be the culprit, they have been receiving the lionshare of my advertising, but they leave consumers with nowhere to go.
Can't wait to hear what you guys think. I love a mystery but this one is becoming very expensive and highly illogical. Thanks again!
Ballooo Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Ballooo-1822687987980015/
Shopify Store: https://balooosee.myshopify.com/
6674 visitor's on Feb 14, 2 sales
Hopefully some of you see this post
Feb 14 Update: Hello and thank you everyone. I am completely humbled by all of your comments. I unfortunately have two midterm exams this week (Calculus ) tomorrow, so I plan to read and digest what all of you have said by next week, so please don't think I am ignoring you. I've have also received a number of emails and FB messages. Your help is invaluable to me and I appreciate it more than you know. Dealing with Shopify has been a waste of time. I want to thank the humble soul that bought the Hoodie today, I feel so bad and woould loev to just give you the Aliexpress info.
As I mentioned earlier, I have no experience in ecommerce and just started the store on a whim to try the Free Plus Shipping model. I hope you all have a good week and look forward to digging in after exams.
Feb 15 Update:
I have a huge exam today, so must make this brief. Yesterday there were 6674 visitor's to the store with no advertising. Talked to Shopify, they had no clue where they are coming from. Shopify 'guessed' they be even be 'bot's. It's 9am Pacific Standard time and there are 622 visitor's just this morning.
In answer to some of your questions:
- If you check the store, you will see I have taken alot of your advice into action. The Fur is gone
- Im not interested in selling one product . In Canada we have The Bay, US has JC Penney, Australia has Myers and David Jones. A department store. I can't express the joy I felt at looking for wholesale house decor items and Doll Houses!
- images. Some are from Aliexpress, some are not, but I have been making alot of my own as some of the Ali ones are less than pallatable. The lastest ones were for the
- I find alot of online stores to be sort of garrish, brash, in your face: sell, sell, sell nightmares. I want the customers to feel special when they come to Ballooo, not raped.
- why is it a free theme? because the other ones cost money (Please note again: I am in school and a parent).
- Thanks for all the constructive criticism and thanks even more for the destructive criticism
- most of the econcerns you have are due to Shopify and it's lack of support and extremely limited platform on the Free theme. As I said before, I know a paid theme could probably solve alot of the issues and believe me, when I have the budget to do that I will and fast.
ie:my Collections have to have the alphabet in front of each one so that I can choose the order they are presented in. You can choose Product order, but not Collection order....Go figure. I won't digress in to fonts, background colorf, images etc etc etc etc etc lol
- ***a couple days ago I noticed that people were able to order ALL of my Free Plus Shipping (FPS) items and pay shipping for only one. At the same time I noticed that my FPS items were now publically viewable. Their invisible Collection settings were the same, but now everyone could see and search them I spent hours trying to fix the shipping as I had it working before, but Shopify has changed something, so all the previous workarounds are now. I did tell them that we need to be appraised of such large changes prior to their onset.
- I asked Shopify to help with other issues as well: Contact Us button, or section, Returns etc.
Please realize many of these issues are due to the extremely limited capacity of the Shopify store.
I have to go study.
Have a good Day and thanks again.
attached beneath are a screenshot of the FEb 14 Visitor Tally and two of my custom ad images.